Job Title: Social Media Intern (Unpaid)
Location: Toronto, Ontario (downtown)
Position: Part-time / 2-3 times a week (10-20 hours per week)
Start date: Mid-May 2019 (flexible start date)
End date: End of August 2019
This is an exciting position that will open the door to an understanding of the value of Social Media & Digital Community Management through exposure to a variety of different branches of the company – nightclubs, festivals, event management and music programming. You must be organized with excellent writing skills, an eye for the latest social media trends, be able to work quickly, be solutions-oriented, proactive, and anticipate team needs. You must possess strong time management skills, with attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills. Most importantly, you must be passionate about social media and the trends within it.
- Curate social media feeds for nightclubs which includes (but not limited to) : writing
captions, selecting images, scheduling content, posting on instagram stories, and more.
- Support the creation of blog posts for the INK Entertainment and Cabana Pool Bar websites.
- Support live social media coverage on-site at events/concerts (Cabana Pool Bar, REBEL, Cube, Toybox, special events).
- Support the Social Media team in managing inbound social messages (Facebook inbox, Twitter direct messages, etc.) and responding to customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Support the creation and optimization of our digital/social media advertising campaigns.
- Suggest new methods, ideas and concepts for digital audience engagement and growth.
- Assist with Facebook & Instagram advertising campaigns.
- Strong creative copy writing skills.
- Previous experience in a social media/digital media role. (REQUIRED)
- Must be available to capture Instagram stories at our venues on weekends when needed.
- Thorough understanding of major social media platforms and best practices.
- Energetic and confident with ability to manage and prioritize many projects at the same time.
- Must bring their own personal computer to their appointed days in the office.
- Passionate about entertainment and hospitality industry, both in Canada and globally.
- Adept at Microsoft Office / Google Suite / SproutSocial (Experience in Adobe CC and Sprout Social is preferred but not necessary)
- Willingness to learn full scope of INK Entertainment brand and its standards.
- Proactive and attentive to new digital media platforms and opportunities.
For all interested candidates, please include a detailed cover letter and resume with your application.
Join Canada’s leading entertainment company. Ink Entertainment.
|Job Category||Festivals, Nightlife|